Carrageenan is a good substitute for gelatin (animal-based product) in hard and soft gel capsules.
Theincorporation in glycerin-water mixture masks the chalkiness of antacid gels.
Marcel carrageenan functions in pharmaceutical products as follows:
- gives stable emulsions for insoluble drug preparations
- enhances homogeneity in colloidal suspension
- film forming agent in crystal clear soft capsules ( vegetable origin)
- acts as gelling agent in antacid gels
- improves shelf stability
- prolongs shelf life of antibiotic suspension
For more information, queries, kindly contact us