- improves the quality of the finished product by enhancing its texture, sliceability, and mouthfeel
- increases the ability to retain water during and after processing
- increases the production yield through the incorporation of large volumes of brine solution into the meat
- stabilizes the fat-protein emulsion in meat, thereby preventing separation and consequently greatly improving cohesion of the meat particles and appearance of the final meat product
- readily dispersible on brine systems with little or no viscosity development until cooking begins
- provides stability to freeze-thaw cycling
Carrageenan thus helps meat processors achieve product quality throughout the processing and distribution cycle resulting in better shelf life.
In the food market, the meat industry is the fastest growing. It is one of the most profitable markets for carrageenan worldwide. As carrageenan stabilizes fat and water emulsions during preparation, cooking, and storage, it promotes higher profit margins because of the increase in yield.
Among the many food applications carrageenan caters to, Marcel Carrageenan is particularly strong in providing carrageenan for the meat industry. Through much skill and experience, Marcel has developed various products for injection in meat or incorporation in meat emulsions. Marcel's products are intended for meat products such as:
|| hamburger patty
|| corned beef
| luncheon meat
|| chicken nuggets
| processed poultry
|| processed turkey
|| processed chicken